Sunday, February 3, 2013

THE COUTURE f/w 12 season was truly horrible. I managed to find two looks that I loved, both from Christian  Dior.

And while I love the above looks, and I truly do, something is missing. I have not lived long enough to have experienced a Dior without John Galliano before now and to be honest I do not like it. 
Since I first started getting really into fashion in my teen years I have had two real icon - Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano. So it really saddened me to see John Galliano's breakdown. I actually saw him in Le Marais in Paris a year ago. I was so starstruck I didn't know what to do, and I left the "scene" feeling to sad, because that man was not how I had seen him on the catwalk for Christian Dior and his own label and in interviews. What I saw was a man beat down by life. 
Anyhow - Dior will for me never be the same without Galliano. With him disappeared all remains of fairytale from Christian Dior. Sadly.. Hopefully we will see him designing soon. I truly hope so!

No comments: