Monday, June 14, 2010

PART TWO OF MY FALL FAVES are here:
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim: It saddens me that I was not blown away by my fave, Phillip Lim this season.
Do a smashing summer collection, won't you?
2. Alexander McQueen: Although his death saddens me, I'm also truly glad,
that his last collection was also my personal favorite.
3. Celine: I'm not really a Celine girl. It's too minimalistic for me, but in theory it's great.
4. Chanel: Karl truly did one of his craziest collections to date. What was up with all that fake fur?
I liked everything BUT that.
5. Christian Dior: I've said before that Dior's collections are never really the ones I truly love,
but this is amazing! I love the fabrics, I love the color scheme, I love the dresses,
and I love that it takes me back to the time of Marie Antoinette.
6. D&G: I actually loved the beautiful elements combined with "I'm going out skiing"-theme. Cool.
7. Dolce & Gabbana: Not that much to say - cute.
8. Dries Van Noten: So beautiful colors.
9. Elie Saab: I thought that Elie Saab was this brand that did these totally over-the-top ball gowns,
and then comes this? I'm stunned. In a good way.

That was it. I'm ready for S/S 11 now. Bring it on!

2 comments:

KEA in the big apple said...

jeg synes det er SÅ fedt at en designer som Karl Lagerfelt går i front med et godt eksempel i henhold til dyrevelfærd - og som han udtalte; man kan stort set ikke se forskel længere med de metoder der er kommet, så hvorfor skal dyrene lide for at forbrugerne kan være moderigt klædt?

Tørlich said...

Jeg er helt enig! Min far sagde i går: "Jeg vil vædde med, at du om 10 år ejer en pels" - og det er jeg så bare sikker på, at jeg ikke gør. Jeg tager hatten af for Karl, men fake pels bukser? Aarrh, den er jeg nu ikke sikker på.

En ting er selvfølgelig pelsen, men når de stadig laver taskerne af læder holder den vel egentlig ikke så meget igen?